We’ll be open this Saturday, May 6, 2017 from 9 AM PST – 2 PM PST. We’ll be providing our full array of services, so if you’re in the neighborhood, drop in and get that massage you’ve been needing. We also proudly offer hyperbaric therapy, a cutting edge service that accelerates healing and recovery. Stop by for a consultation and get back to a more energized, pain-free YOU!
Here’s some info, courtesy of MedlinePlus about hyperbaric therapy:
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy uses a special pressure chamber to increase the amount of oxygen in the blood.
Some hospitals have a hyperbaric chamber. Smaller units may be available in outpatient centers.
The air pressure inside a hyperbaric oxygen chamber is about two and a half times higher than the normal pressure in the atmosphere. This helps your blood carry more oxygen to organs and tissues in your body.
Hyperbaric therapy can help wounds, especially infected wounds, heal more quickly. The therapy may be used to treat:
- Air or gas embolism
- Bone infections (osteomyelitis) that have not improved with other treatments
- Carbon monoxide poisoning
- Certain types of brain or sinus infections
- Decompression sickness (for example, a diving injury)
- Gas gangrene
- Necrotizing soft tissue infections
- Radiation injury (for example, damage from radiation therapy for cancer)
- Skin grafts
- Wounds that have not healed with other treatments (for example, it may be used to treat a foot ulcer in someone with diabetes or very bad circulation)
Continue reading HERE